Dewey Easy provides training and practice for new library staff and volunteers on the Dewey Decimal Classification System. It consists of a Dewey Decimal tutorial followed by drills for putting Dewey call numbers in order, as well as corrective feedback when mistakes are made.
The tutorial allows you to choose a configuration for call numbers as they generally appear in your specific library. Once configured, the lessons and drills will reflect additional information beyond the Dewey Decimal number, such as author notations, that your library uses:
- Alpha Only, when additional information is expressed alphabetically
- Alpha-numeric, when this information uses "Cutter" symbols
- Combination, for libraries that have both of the above on their item labels
Dewey Easy 3.0 adds new practice exercises for both beginners and wizards. Hundreds of real titles provide new challenges every time. With improved graphics, labels are easier to read and the game fits onto larger screens. In addition to Windows 10 and Mac OS, Dewey Easy 3.0 also runs on iPad, Android, and Chrome OS. For iPad and Android, purchases must be handled through the respective app stores. Chrome OS users may purchase a download license and use the registration code on their Chrome OS device.
- See More Screenshots from Dewey Easy 3.0
- Download a demo version of Dewey Easy 3.0
- Order Dewey Easy 3.0
Dewey Easy 3.0 is installed as an application and registered to the machine or device.
- Windows 10+
- Mac OS
- 10.12 or later
- Chrome App on Chrome OS or within the Google Chrome browser
- iPad with iOS 10 or later
- Amazon Fire or Android Tablet, 7" or larger, with Android 4.0 or later